As-you-type spell checking and color quoting implemented in the composer

Marc Mutz mutz at kde.org
Tue Jan 21 18:01:48 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 15:10, Don Sanders wrote:
> The original code is by Trolltech AS and I ported it to KMail and
> KSpell. It's based on the new QSyntaxHighlighter class.

What are the changes? Can't they be contributed back into
QSyntaxHighlighter? I mean, you're sitting at the source...

The other question is: How does that relate to the planned rich text
editing (composing basic t/enriched and t/html) in KMail? Is there a
way to coexist for the two? Won't that be confusing to the user ("What
will be sent how? Is every mail I compose now automatically rich text
b/c the quoted text is coloured?")?

Marc

--
History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.