Fwd: Use of kde trademark and logo.

Uwe Thiem uwe at polytechnic.edu.na
Mon Jan 20 13:50:12 GMT 2003

Any problems with this?

Uwe

Subject: Use of kde trademark and logo.
Date: Monday 20 January 2003 15:50
From: Henti Smith <henti at geekware.co.za>
To: uwe at kde.org
Cc: Charmain Antalis <charmaine at geekware.co.za>

Good day.

I sent a mail to Matthias Kalle Dalheimer and Kurt Granroth  regarding the use
of the KDE logo and trademark but have not heard from them yet.
We are nearly at the point of going to print and would really like to know the
outcome of the mail.

I have included the mail here :

Good day.

My name is Henti Smith and I'm in the process of starting up a little
"geekware" online shop to cater for the public in South Africa
That would like to wear clothing representing their geekness.

With this I hereby ask your permission to use the your trademark and Logo to
be printed and embroidered onto clothing
and then sold for profit to the public. Our business plan includes taking a
percentage of the profit and returning it to the community for the furthering
of
development of the community. If you choose not to accept the offer yourself a
contribution to a project of your choice will be made in your name.

If you have a licence policy or monetary contribution guidlines, we would be
more then happy to negotiate a win-win situation

Please can you respond with your views and judgement on the possiblity of
this.

Thank you
--
Henti Smith
henti at geekware.co.za
www.geekware.co.za
+27 82 958 2525

---------

Please can this be sent to the relevant person as we would love to print some
KDE shirts

Thank you
Henti Smith

The doctor to his patient: "If this is the thermometer, where the
heck is my pen?"