CVS support in KDE

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Fri Jan 17 14:22:31 GMT 2003

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Please -- we've had enough boring discussions of where to put shared code
> already. If many applications are going to use it, it's going to be kdelibs.
> If there may be different implementations, we have kdelibs/interfaces.

Damn right they were boring and tedious, but I must have missed the
conclusion that says that shared code goes into libs.

Your statement implies that the move of KMail to kdepim is not needed,
because we can factor out the _build-time_ shared code into kdelibs.

Also, the IOSlaves discussion ended up with Coolo saying [paraphrase]
"IOSlaves in kdelibs? No way." So this _run-time_ shared code must be
somewhere else.

I'd be as glad as anyone if there was a clear decision on this issue (both
run-time  and build-time) and I'm not trying to reopen the discussion. I
just want to know what the decision is. And if your say-so is binding, or
if you are stating a decision that was reached and that I missed, fine. I
will follow the rules.