Generic class for safe %variable substitution

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Jan 16 19:02:16 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 01:47:37PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I have changed the API slightly and put the stuff in kdelibs/kdecore.

nah, shit, it took me too long - too many things in the way ... :}

> There are now 4 functions:
>
> * 2 with and 2 without shell quoting
> * 2 which take QMap<QChar,QString> and are selfdelimiting and
>   2 which take QMap<QString, QString> and are handdelimited.
>

> I don't think that application developers will otherwise be able to
> make a sensible choice between selfdelimiting and handdelimited.

theoretically you're right. but look at the code by which all this was
inspired ... it originally used self-delimiting multi-char sequences.
dunno if you changed this ... olaf originally insisted on keeping it.

> I have moved the class declarations to the .cpp file since I don't
> expect that anyone actually wants to derive from them.

nah ...

> If I'm wrong we can always change that later on.

yep ... kconfig is crying for it. let's see when i get around to it.

greetings