Fwd: KGamma

Rolf Magnus ramagnus at kde.org
Tue Jan 14 21:14:39 GMT 2003

On Saturday 11 January 2003 00:12, Jesper Juhl wrote:

> > On Friday January 10, 2003 11:17, David Faure wrote:
> >> Some people asked me, if KGamma can be included into the KDE
> >> distribution. I also think it's a good idea, and I'm willing to maintain
> >> it in the future. So, my question is: Do the KDE team want to have it?
> >
> > I'm a happy user of kgamma.  In my experience it's small, it's useful,
> > it's mature, and it'd be a nice addition to kdegraphics.
>
> I agree it would be a nice addition. If it could only be extended to also
> handle stuff like resolution/bpp changes it would be perfect :)

There is also some code I once wrote in kdenonbeta/kvidmode, which also
supports gamma setting, including gamma ramps and video mode setting (through
xf86vidmode, not randr), and was intended to support creation of your own
video modes and do monitor selection. It even already has a monitor database
in xml. It's a combination of a kcontrol module and a systray app.  However,
I never finished it, but maybe someone wants to pick it up for reuse.

--
Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but
dishwashing liquid contains real lemons?