Moving KMail, KNode, Korn and related libraries to kdepim

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Tue Jan 14 12:53:08 GMT 2003

[this time trying kde-pim rather than kdepim@]

hiya Bo,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 02:06:13PM +0100, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 January 2003 13:19, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> > I was wondering. Someone on #kde just noted that kmail actually
> > has a dependancy on kdebase and not only on kdelibs, would it be
> > possible for this dependancy(ies?) (imap4 and pop3 was all that
> > i noticed at a quick glace) to be moved into the "new kdepim"?
>
> I have asked for this too. IMHO the mail ioslaves should be moved to
> kdepim. There is already an ioslave dir in kdenetwork that will be moved
> with kmail to kdepim.

one problem, kbugbuster also seems to use the smtp ioslave
as does the bug reporting stuff. would it not be better for
that one alone to go into kdelibs and the rest into kdepim?

i don't think its worthwhile for imap4 or pop3 to get into
kdebase/kdelibs personally as only kmail really needs them.
i assume that korn and kbiff (if they both exist?) should
also be using the slaves at some point, so they'll also need
a kdepim move.

> But I guess moving stuff from kdebase to kdepim is a somewhat bigger issue
> than moving between kdenetwork and kdepim.

fully agreed :)
just thought i'd get the thought out into the air :)

Alex

--
"[...] Konqueror open source project. Weighing in at less than
            one tenth the size of another open source renderer"