Moving KMail, KNode, Korn and related libraries to kdepim

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Jan 14 13:29:13 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 14:25, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 January 2003 15:06, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> > >
> > > Hiya Ingo,
> > >
> > > I was wondering. Someone on #kde just noted that kmail actually
> > > has a dependancy on kdebase and not only on kdelibs, would it be
> > > possible for this dependancy(ies?) (imap4 and pop3 was all that
> > > i noticed at a quick glace) to be moved into the "new kdepim"?
> >
> > I have asked for this too. IMHO the mail ioslaves should be moved to
> > kdepim. There is already an ioslave dir in kdenetwork that will be
> > moved with kmail to kdepim.
> >
> > But I guess moving stuff from kdebase to kdepim is a somewhat bigger
> > issue than moving between kdenetwork and kdepim.
>
> There is also the smtp ioslave. However, is this being used by any
> other code anywhere in CVS for any reason, and would moving it cause
> problems? Definitely needs checking.
>
> IIRC, a base KDE install was once (unofficially) defined as kdelibs and
> kdebase, so is there any need to move them at all?

Because if the mail IO slaves were moved to kdepim too, then you could
have a working kmail with just kdelibs and kdenetwork. Base is a pretty
big thing to install if all you want is the slaves.

If it isn't possible to move them to kdepim, then they should IMHO be
moved to kdelibs.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark