user interaction in kimgio plugins

Michael Ritzert kde at ritzert.de
Fri Jan 10 14:48:37 GMT 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 03:21:20PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 10 January 2003 14:54, Michael Ritzert wrote:
> > have to wait until BIC changes are allowed again.
>
> Why that? Why wouldn't it be possible to make it BC?

My first thought was that it would need a few new classes.
Thinking about it a bit longer, there might be ways to remain backward
compatible by encapsulating everything in KImageIO. Since the plugins
are provided by the same library, that could work. I'll see what I can
come up with over the weekend.

Of course the end to that approach is when it comes to incorporating the
file dialog (I like that idea!). But better an intermediate working solution
with the complete one planned for 4.0 than no solution at all...

Using QImageIO::setPreferences to set these two variables encoded as a
string, maybe "0x80124337 true" looks hackish but might work, too. It
requires a lot of discipline from the application developer, though.

Maybe I missed a possibility or see the restrictions regarding BC too
strict.

Michael