Konqi previews revisited

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Thu Jan 9 20:11:09 GMT 2003

On Thursday 09 January 2003 20:06, George Staikos wrote:
>    While the video and audio preview problems are still not resolved, I now
> have issues with all other previews too.  Has anyone tried to open a large
> directory with previews enabled?  It's disgusting and it literally appears
> that konqi is frozen or just broken.  Have a look  at file:/$QTDIR/doc/html/
> in iconview mode.
>
> Or look at what it does for me:
> http://www.staikos.on.ca/~staikos/konqipreviews.png
>
> IMHO this stuff should be disabled (by default, if not entirely) until it
> works better.  It really looks bad, though I must admit that image, text,
> html, pdf, ps etc previews are very nice and very useful.

But is it really finished at that point?
My K-wheel still turns. And all icons are not done.
Scroll right, not even all my png:s was done...
And then you have the .html:s .... (yours are not finished either)

What differs with the video preview problem is that it spawned lot
of artsd - but it might be a side effect.
It looks like one kio_thumbnail is started, sequentially, per icon

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
SkellefteƄ