Konqi previews revisited

Stephen Anthony stephena at roadrunner.nf.net
Thu Jan 9 19:37:25 GMT 2003

On January 9, 2003 03:54 pm, Alexander Kellett wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 11:11:06AM -0800, Charles Samuels wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday 09 January 2003 11:06, George Staikos wrote:
> > > IMHO this stuff should be disabled (by default, if not entirely)
> > > until it works better.  It really looks bad, though I must admit
> > > that image, text, html, pdf, ps etc previews are very nice and very
> > > useful.
> >
> > the overlap stuff annoys me the most, it renders it nearly unusable
> > until the dir is loaded.
>
> yup here also. maybe it should be disabled by default for larger than
> "normal" direcotories and a context menu on the dirs should update
> them?
>
> same with previews. i think sidebar previews are far better
> in any case. can't remember if that ever got in...

I agree fully with this last one.  It's one of the few things I like in
WinXP.  ANd I think it would be nicer for all in other info to be shown
in the sidebar as well, instead of being embedded in tooltips.

I find tooltips so annoying that I have them turned off, so I never see
any of the info anyway.

Steve