New module for KPovModeler

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Thu Jan 9 08:50:42 GMT 2003

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Well, every new module creates more work on me. Not only a couple of scripts
> have to be extended, you also have to explain the translators, check one more
> module on release, etc. We had that desaster with quanta (which is in it's own
> module because it went there when kdeextragear didn't exist and then shortly
> before 3.1 it wanted to be part of the release).
>
> My opinion on this module number issue hasn't changed much over the years:
> if you don't have another app to be grouped with, leave it in kdegraphics when
> you want to be part of 3.2. If you want to release independent, go into
> kdeextragear

One more thing:

The reason I requested a new module was that I want still to be part of
KDE 3.2 while reducing the size of the kdegraphics package. KPovModeler
increased the size of kdegraphics significantly, which will not get
better when we finished our object and texture libraries.

And that will only be possible with a new module that will be released
with KDE and not with kdeextragear.

Now it's up to the release dudes to decide.