New module for KPovModeler

Andreas Zehender zehender at kde.org
Wed Jan 8 20:06:19 GMT 2003

Stephan Kulow wrote:
>>The number 500 is of course rather arbitrary, if people prefer to have many
>>seperate CVS modules one could put the treshold at 200.
 >
> I very much agree with Waldo on this. I can't see what makes kpovmodeler more
> special or more interesting or whatever than k3b. And we created kdeextragear
> for exactly that kind of application: well maintained and too special for
> general distribution.

The question is only if kpovmodeler is big enough to justify a new
module. Comparisons with other applications, especially calculating
source files doesn't help much here.

I just don't want another move if the size of the program reaches a
given threshold. We moved often enough already.
And the program _will_ grow. I am about to finish a plugin framework. I
expect some big plugins like recursive plant generators or landscape
generators. We need to add new POV-Ray 3.5 objects. There are several
POV-Ray variants...
Don't consider only the current size.

Don't get me wrong. I can live with a move to kextragear but would
suggest that such big applications get their own module.

Andreas