Apple uses khtml in new browser 'Safari'

Roberto H. Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Tue Jan 7 21:29:23 GMT 2003

On Tue, Jan 07 2003 at 08:11:36pm +0100, Tim Jansen wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Steve Jobs has announced a new MacOS X browser called "Safari", and it is
> based on khtml. They did a lot of modifications, especially
> performance-related mods. The sources will available today.
>
> More here:
> http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=2498
> http://news.com.com/2100-1040-979461.html?tag=fd_lede1_hed

Whoa. I bet the ego of the khtml guys just got a couple
of (deserved) inches larger.

Specially considering the resources used to develop khtml, this is
well, impressive. Imagine the resume "With other 10 guys working part
time we wrote the core of a web browser, then Apple ditched IE for
it" ;-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Former KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly
the way a bowling ball wouldn't - Russell Beland