Conformance to the Icon Theme Specification

Vadim Plessky lucy-ples at mtu-net.ru
Sun Jan 5 10:36:27 GMT 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 20:24, Gerold J. Wucherpfennig wrote:
|  Here is the full specification (most of you will know this already):
|  http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/icon-theme-spec/icon-theme-spec.html
|
|  I will quote some parts of it...
|
|  >...there must be a file called index.theme that describes the theme.
|
|  The KDE icon themes still have index.desktop files. IHMO they should be
|  renamed to index.theme, is this ok?

Yes, I think so.

|  >[Icon Theme]
|
|  The first line "[KDE Icon Theme]" in the index.desktop files
|  should be renamed to "[Icon Theme]" does everybody agree?

I agree.

[...]
|  BTW:
|  The RH Bluecurve icon theme has 96x96 pixel icons.
|  This seems to be quite reasonable to me:
|  16  x1.5 = 22
|  16 x2   = 32
|  32 x1.5 = 48
|  32 x2   = 64
|  64 x1.5 = 96 <-- 96 pixel icons
|  The crystalsvg icon theme has no 96x96 icons, but instead very large
|  128x128 ones, why?

I think both 96x96 and 128x128 icons (for apps/mimetypes) should be
allowed/installed.
Toolbar icons should be limite din size to 48x48, as 64x64 icons for toolbar
are somewhat big, IMHO.

My plan for BlueSphere SVG icons is to provide all necessary sizes (and
compatibility with GNOME, when GNOME 2,2 released)

--

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released