New module for KPovModeler

Andras Mantia amantia at virtualartisans.com
Sun Jan 5 18:15:39 GMT 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 18:25, Neil Stevens wrote:
> So how about moving Quanta to kdesdk?

I'm against moving it to another module. This was discussed (I don't know if
on the list or in private) when the decision was made to release Quanta
together with KDE. It will grow, will have more subprojects inside, and it
may cause the same pain for those who are not intrested in web developement
as kpovmodeler cause for those who are not intrested in 3d modelling. It just
cause one of the base modules to be big. With this idea, we could move
kdevelop inside kdesdk... ;-)
 Anyway, I'm in favour of move big apps in their own modules. This makes
downloading faster for those who have slow connections, and I don't think
that has a bad infulence on releases (maybe a plus job for packagers). And of
course, you should count the size of the sources, and not the number of files
or the number of lines in a file. In RC6, Quanta is 2.6MB and kdesdk is
2.1MB. Do you want to make kdesdk suddenly twice as big? ;-)

Andras