contributions (well, sort of)

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Fri Feb 28 21:07:26 GMT 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 21:57, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As the usage of KDE grows, there are many people who would like to thank the
> KDE team, but would like to thank more then just sending an email with a
> "Thank you" - but by contributing - not code or translations...
>
> I'm talking about food ;)

Well, I'll warn you:  this gets more complicated than it would seem.  This is
coming from the guy that has spend a dang lot of time trying to work out
these types of issues with adopt-a-geek.  In how many countries do you know
how to order a pizza?  Is it normal to deliver?  How many of those languages
do you speak?  What about your contributors?  Will they order directly?
Which languages do they speak?  Is it common to take credit cards in those
countries?  What's the exchange rate?  How much does a pizza cost?  A six
pack of beer?  (EUR 2 in Germany, but maybe 10+ in Norway, ~70 NKr.)

Since this seems very adopt-a-geek like, I just felt compelled to point out
some of the complications.

Cheers,

-Scott

--
New Orleans food is as delicious as the less criminal forms of sin.
 --Mark Twain