JuK -> KDE CVS

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Fri Feb 28 20:12:53 GMT 2003

On Friday 28 February 2003 20.10, Neil Stevens wrote:

> Look:  I'm not necessarily arguing against your app's inclusion in KDE 3.2.
> I favor a large, inclusive KDE.  I just question what value it would bring
> to the release that Noatun doesn't already provide.

It provides multiple file tagging  - I can't do that in Noatun.

It supports organization of very large amounts of files without regard to
directory structure, or filename, and it does so very quickly.  I can't do
that in Noatun.

It supports scan-on-startup looking for changes, new/added/deleted files - I
can't do that in Noatun.  Maybe I could with Hayes, but well, let's not go
there.

JuK has an intuitive to use GUI as a jukebox and organizer.  That's a
different thing than a player.  It's like the kaboodle and noatun cases -
they are entirely different things, that happen to have a small part of
functionality the same.

Noatun is a whole lot of stuff I don't want (an equalizer, visualizations,
skins, other stuff) without any of the organizational jukebox features I do
want.   I have no doubt some people do like all those things, and don't care
about organization, playlist making, or any of those things.  For them,
there's Noatun.  They might like to use JuK to make their playlists and keep
their file tags straight though, it's so much better at both of those as to
be in a totally different league.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts