RFC: new way to handle MOC files ?

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Feb 24 21:43:41 GMT 2003

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 10:31:51PM +0100, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> And I can remember that when I updated  the first time again some
> weeks before KDE 3.0 all my moc files were unsuable ("created with a
> wrong version of moc") and there was no way to have them recreated.
> Deleting the mocs (the makefile complained then about the missing
> files but didn't create them), touching the headers, Make
> force-reedit, nothing worked.  Finally I deleted the whole cvs tree
> and checked it out again.

"make distclean" would have helped, too. ;-)
the problem is, that configure sometimes (dunno why and when) puts
absolute paths into top_srcdir, etc.  otoh, some other paths are still
relative. as make performs no path normalization (paths are mostly only
strings, dunno the exact rules wrt. file targets), it simply does not
know, how to create the mocs. reconfiguring from scratch fixes it.

greetings