Kopete in kdenetwork

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 24 09:59:18 GMT 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 06:28:45AM -0800, Neil Stevens scrawled:
> On Sunday February 23, 2003 12:32, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 12:18:41PM -0500, George Staikos scrawled:
> > >    One more point, shipping SSL code that doesn't conform to KDE
> > > settings, or that does not even implement basic authenticity checks
> > > should not go into distribution.  We have had to make security
> > > advisories about much smaller things already.
> >
> > FWIW, libpsi proper will never use KDE SSL stuff, for obvious reasons.
> > I'm sure someone with time (and a working computer, and an Internet
> > connection at home) could fix this, it wouldn't be that hard.
>
> What obvious reasons?  Justin has assured me it's possible.

Psi is a Qt app. Psi is not a KDE app.
Psi is a Qt app. Psi is not a KDE app.
Psi is a Qt app. Psi is not a KDE app.
Psi is a Qt app. Psi is not a KDE app.
Psi is a Qt app. Psi is not a KDE app.

Read what I said again. Carefully.

Upstream libpsi won't use KDE stuff. KExtendedSocket is a bit difficult
to use on Windows, funnily enough.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne