Kopete in kdenetwork

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Sat Feb 22 18:21:33 GMT 2003

On Saturday 22 February 2003 09:44, Neil Stevens wrote:
> Should KDE include anything that is tied to a proprietary protocol?  If
> not, Kopete plugins like OSCAR should remain in kdenonbeta.

> Should KDE include anything is tied to a proprietary service (open protocol
> or not)?  If not, Kit should be moved out, and

Just to note, TOC is not in any way an open protocol, it is just as proprietary as
OSCAR. It was never open licensed, and AOL has even explicitly said they do
not intend it to be free for public use by non AOL clients. So it is just as closed
as MSN, ICQ, OSCAR, or any other protocol.

"We did not intend to allow anyone to take this code to run instant messaging
services over AOL's network," said Tricia Primrose, an AOL spokeswoman in
Dulles, Va

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org