Kopete in kdenetwork

Chris Lee clee at kde.org
Sat Feb 22 13:08:07 GMT 2003

Uh...

What use is an instant messenger-type application if you can't talk to
anyone on any network?

If jabber is out because libpsi isn't stable enough, and AIM/Yahoo/MSN
are all out because of the fact that their parents are corporate
entities, what protocols will Kopete ship with? What use will it be to
any end-user when they can't use it because there are no plugins for it
to allow them to chat with anyone?

Neil, we might as well not support SVG or GIF or Flash in KDE either
because they all have corporate entities too, by your logic.

-clee