Screen resolution related configuration options

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Feb 23 02:36:00 GMT 2003

Can someone please provide to me a good argument why screen resolution
dependent KConfig options should be stored?  I understand that the
dialog/widget/window is resized relative to the resolution.  However I think
it makes more sense to check if the stored geometry is greater than the
current geometry, and if it is, shrink it.  If it is too small, the user can
resize easily enough.

Conversely, if the sizes are stored, then how do you deal with people who have
multi-head or xinerama, and even those who enable and disable smart placement
with xinerama?  It's really ugly.

I would like to recommend that we remove screen resolution based configuration
options.

--

George Staikos