new maintainer kcmdhcpd/kcmbind maybe

Willy De la Court Willy.DelaCourt at pandora.be
Sun Feb 16 17:22:24 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I want to be the new maintainer of kcmdhcpd/kcmbind i'v already send a request
to Karl Backström the current maintainer.

Since KDE is almost never installed on servers these modules are pretty
useless at the moment. My plan for fixing this are the following.

Since the incorporation of kio_fish in the base install of KDE i want to use
the kio_fish to modify the modules so that they be able to read/write remote
configuration files.

This will enable the modules to remotely administer dhcp and bind server
without changing anything on the servers itself or install X and KDE.

Is there any program that uses kio_fish in this way already.
i'm looking for coding examples to use kio_fish to read and write files from
within a program.

my TODO list for these modules

- enable remote read/write of config files
- enable multiple servers management
- redesign the parser
- redesign UI
- incorporation in kdebase/kdenetwork/kdeadmin when all these things are done.

Any comments/remarks/recommandations are welcome.

--
Simple things make people happy.
Willy De la Court