[patch] application wide edit (cut, copy, paste) actions

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sun Feb 16 00:34:47 GMT 2003

On Sunday 16 February 2003 1:05, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 15 February 2003 04:54, Scott Wheeler wrote:
>   connect( this, SIGNAL( editSignal() ), object, slot );
>   emit editSignal();
>   disconnect( this, SIGNAL( editSignal() ), object, slot );
>
> Very interesting... We were discussing a few days ago how to dynamically
> call a slot by name (and the fact that we needed QUObject for that),
> and you provide us with a very nice solution unknowingly :)

:-)  Actually I did see that discussion and was trying to think of ways around
it for this situation.

> It might be a tad slower though.

Sure, but Fast Enough (tm).  If you're calling slots by name in performance
critical code you should probably have mean things done to you anyway.  :-)

In this case, doing this for just one object at a time seems rather practical.

Oh, and by the way I committed this a couple hours ago, with docs soon to come
(mostly done with them now).

Cheers,

-Scott

--
The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow
sharper.