UTF-8 for documentation

Thiago Macieira thiagom at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 11 17:21:08 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have some API documentation that needs some non-Latin1 characters to be
displayed. I have decided to use UTF-8 for that. So
kdelibs/kdecore/resolver.h should be read in a UTF-8 mode. (see
KDE::Network::Resolver class, method normalizeDomain)

My problem is that the generated Doxygen documentation was Latin 1 only. For
the HTML documentation, this can be easily solved with the attached patch.
However, questions arise:

1) does it break other documentation?
2) how do we do it for other documentation forms (man, TeX, etc.)?
3) is there a better way?

If this is the only way, I ask that this patch be committed.
--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom at mail.com
   ICQ UIN: 1967141  PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358
     Registered Linux user #65028