Fwd: Re: kdeextragear-1 not in i18n

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Tue Feb 4 12:14:09 GMT 2003

Am Dienstag, 4. Februar 2003 10:18 schrieb Thomas Diehl:
> Am Dienstag, 4. Februar 2003 09:31 schrieb Ralf Nolden:
> > Any idea how to solve this ? I know, I know, kdeextragear is not targeted
> > at being ready at some point and each program is going to be packaged
> > separately, but how do translators have to deal with always moving
> > targets
>
> Extragear developers are supposed to post to kde-i18n-doc as soon as they
> plan on a release for their (indvidual) apps. The postings should include
> dates for message freezes and release dates. Seems to work pretty good so
> far.
additionally there are some statistics on http://extragear.kde.org that show
the status each app is in. Each application has its own release cycle.

The translations are supposed to be put into the app-package, not in one
central i18n-package. But of course as always: suggestions are welcome.
And please, packagers: Do not build one big extragear package but rather one
for each app.

Regards, Klas