[licenses] Qt exception

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Feb 1 16:06:56 GMT 2003

On Saturday 01 February 2003 16:13, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Saturday 01 February 2003 12:06, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > On Saturday February 01, 2003 02:13, Marc Mutz wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Sorry to bother you with politics ;-)
> > >
> > > After discussion with Cornelius, I've changed the license of all
> > > the fies that I own all the copyright in in KMail and libkdenetwork
> > > to GPLv2 with Qt exception. This reads:
> >
> > KDE library license policy doesn't allow GPL, does it?
>
> libkdenetwork is no public library, i.e. no header files are installed.
> It's only used by some well defined KDE applications to share some
> code. So does this policy really apply to this library?

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/licensing/policy.html states:

"3) Source files that are part of a library in kdelibs must be licensed
under the terms of any of the following licenses:

  *) LGPL as listed in kdelibs/COPYING.LIB
  *) BSD license as listed below.
  *) X11 license as listed below."

As worded above it doesn't apply to libs outside kdelibs.

Cheers,
Waldo