PATCH: "Malformed URL" error when splitting an empty view (normal)

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Wed Dec 24 05:00:41 GMT 2003

I was finally able to duplicate this bug, but not until I hacked one of my
profiles to change "View0_URL=about:blank" to "View0_URL=". If I do that I
can duplicate the above bug as well. So my advice to you is to check your
profiles for an empty "ViewX_URL" (X=number) entry and change it to
"ViewX_URL=about:blank" or delete the profile all together and re-create it.
I do not think the current code saves an empty URL anymore, opting instead
for "about:blank".

I have tracked down the problem to how the view manager treats an empty URL in
kdebase/konqueror/konq_viewmgr.cc. The attached patch fixes the problem.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.