What not to be doing - syscall()

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Tue Dec 23 13:21:18 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:56, Frans Englich wrote:
> Throughout the kde sources getlogin(), unistd.h is used instead of the
> KUser class. Besides the performance difference(if you could argue it
> matter in this case), is there any other reasons to prefer getlogin()?
> According to the manpages getlogin() is evil. Does it matter when it comes
> to portability? What is the preferred method?

Note also that there's the KUser class in kdeadmin/kuser and the totally
different (and much neater) one in kdelibs.

As for the syscall() in kuser/quota.cpp, I'll deal with it, I seem to be the
schmuck^Wmaintainer for it right now.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
            If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?