RFC on default settings

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Mon Dec 22 13:05:24 GMT 2003

On December 22, 2003 3:16 pm, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> There's also RMB/Maximize. What's the point?
> I don't understand why a "maximize" for the doubleclick titlebar action
> would be better than the current one.

The main argument for this (and the reason I suspect it was mentioned) is that
this is the way Windows has behaved since version 3.1, so many people are
used to it.

Then again, double clicking in OSX *minimizes* the window by default.

Shading it on double click is more of a UNIX-ism that a lot of WMs do by
default.

It all depends on which class of users you want to cater to for initial
impressions really. Personally, based on the types of people you're talking
about, I would rather please the OSX or Windows users with the initial
experience, since most UNIX users are experienced enough to switch the
defaults if they choose...

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org