Move to kdenonbeta, maintainer requested

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Dec 22 05:49:28 GMT 2003

Unless someone has serious objections, I would like to propose to move the
following to kdenonbeta:

- kdelibs/ksmartcard - it's quite incomplete and I have no intentions of
working on it any time soon.  I don't think Fernando does either.

- kdeutils/kcardtools - needs ksmartcard

- kdegraphics/kpdf - This isn't my code, but it's horribly crashy and not
getting any better.  It plain doesn't work at all on Linux/PPC and after an
hour of trying to fix crashes it still was crashing all over the place.  I
have been told that this is the case on other platforms too.  I don't think
it's release worthy for 3.2.  This is unfortunate since Ghostview is so slow.

I also removed the ssl I/O device from KSSL tonight.  It's not ready for 3.2
and Qt provides such a thing now with Qt Solutions.  Hopefully we can
convince them to make a GPLed version for X11 the way they did with QXEmbed.
Otherwise we should attempt to provide a compatible API with theirs.

On the topic of SSL, I would like to find a new maintainer for it.  It's
almost feature complete (just client certificates and certificate generation
need work), and there are very few bugs.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/