problems with "init_khtmlimagepart" on FreeBSD

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 16:42:44 GMT 2003

Hi,

Once again we have on FreeBSD the problem of a missing symbol in a part.
I'm not entirely sure how long this has been like it. At least three
weeks, according to a comment on IRC.

From a konsole, while loading a gif with a full URL in konqi, such as
http://path.to.remote.file/image.gif

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: Undefined symbol
"init_khtmlimagepart"
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: The library khtmlimagepart does not offer
an init_khtmlimagepart function.

We've had similar missing symbols in init_* code before, once in the
Kopete MSN plugin, and once somewhere in kdelibs (and I can't recall
where exactly). I think it's usually fixed with some dummy.c/cpp magic,
but it is beyond my skills.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk