RFC on default settings

Anders Lund anders.lund at lund.tdcadsl.dk
Sun Dec 21 11:27:34 GMT 2003

On Sunday 21 December 2003 12:12, Clarence Dang wrote:
> scroll in vi and hit the bottom
> *beep*
> (better start typing some text)
> *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*
> (oops, I'm in the wrong mode; switch into Insert mode to backspace the
> mess) *beep*
> (due to backspacing at the start of the line)
>
> *beep*
>
> Clarence goes crazy.

I don't think we should change the default setting of console beeping because
of vi or any other individual command -- afterall KDE is supposed to be a GUI
environment, and vi is not a GUI application. I'd also guess that a
configurable application like vi can be configured not to beep so
aggresive ;)

-anders

*** NEW ID *** Jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk
GPG fingerprint: 4B50 66DE CF6E 35E3 4446 5DC1 CB23 1264 0F2C 0826