RFC on default settings

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Fri Dec 19 11:33:31 GMT 2003

On Friday 19 December 2003 01:56, Troels Tolstrup wrote:
> On Friday 19 December 2003 00:30, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> > Launch Feedback:
> > 	o bouncy icon (flashy icon)
>
> I don't really care what you set it to, as long as it is not the flashy
> icon. It just looks odd. (at first i thought it was a bug, i expected the
> icon to flash, not a square box around it :)

A friend of mine found the flashy icon giving an half-baked impression, that
something was wrong. I can agree. I vote for bouncy.

> > KDesktop
> > 	o text shadow on desktop icon text (no text shadow)
>
> I think this would be a good thing, as it defeats much of the need to mess
> around with the desktop text color to make it readable if it clashes with
> the background. (so i really see this as more of a usability improvement,
> and not an eye candy improvement)
>
> I don't really have an oppinion about the last two. (other than i dont like
> icons on buttons, but i know how to turn them off... :-)
>
> Another one i have been thinking about is to autoload kmix in the system
> notification area (if arts started up), as i think a lot of people expect
> to be able to change the volume there, though i have a feeling i will be
> shot down on this one :-) My rationale is that i am not really sure people
> would know to go look for a mixer program.

I also think KMix in notification area would be useful, for your reason and it
is functionality you often need close to hand and those coming from the
windows world will feel home.
Perhaps it will bloat kicker even more but if "Progress dialog information"
disappears there's perhaps room...

My two cents.

			Frans