KCalc-Bug can be easily fixed in kdelib

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Dec 12 12:46:34 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 00:26, Klaus Niederkrueger wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> In the last months, I have been working on kcalc and there is a last
> outstanding bug, which I would like to see fixed, before kde-3.2 is
> released.
>
> There is a thing missing in kstatusbar that would fix the bug immediately:
> To my knowledge, there is no way to check, if an item already exists
> (after insertItem was used). There is also no way to get a pointer to such
> an item (or?).

Adding an itemById() or so would be a good idea indeed.

> I would like to ask you to add to "insertItem" something along the line of
>
> insertItem (int id)
> {
> +if(id exists in statusbar)
> +    removeItem(id);

I'm afraid this might introduce some bugs, in case we have apps right now that insert
stuff without caring much about the IDs. Sounds too late in the schedule to change
the behavior of insertItem. I suggest to just add itemById() and call it from kcalc.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer