Applications starting on wrong desktop

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Dec 8 12:02:52 GMT 2003

On Sunday 07 of December 2003 21:43, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> I noticed that when selecting a link in applications such as ksirc and then
> switch desktops, konqueror is being shown on the currently selected desktop
> and not on the desktop from which it was launched.

 The problem is that sending of the startup notification data is done only
before starting konqueror, but after finding out that konqueror is the thing
that has to be started in order to handle the URL. KRun needs to be changed
to send the starting desktop sooner. I didn't get to this yet, and I'm not
sure what exactly needs to be changed (e.g. the kio dialog should be also
considered part of the startup).

> I believe this is a regression wrt 3.1

 It isn't. This small problem has been there since the beginning.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org