Message forwarded from Danalien

Dan Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Wed Dec 3 16:50:56 GMT 2003

Hello KDE People,

  On behalf of Danalien of the Slicker development team, who cannot for
reasons of a harddrive crash, I am forwarding a message to you from him.

--Message begin--
For our project, it's needed to check for what version of kde the user is
running; after snooping around, no other alternative was found of how to do
this, thus I've crafted a proper AC-macro that'll do the trick *as you can
see from the attachments*'.

'Now, we can't patch the 'acinclude.m4.in' ourselfs, as our admin dir is
linked to a copy of yours kde-common. Thus, we are wondering if you'd
concider patching it yourselfs. Elsewise, I'd have to live with just adding
all this to our conifgure.in.in'
--Message end--

Attachments from his e-mail:

--.acinclude.m4.in begin--

AC_DEFUN([KDE_CHECK_FOR_VERSION],
[
AC_MSG_CHECKING([for KDE version greater than of equal to $3])
        KDE_VER=$($KDECONFIG -v | grep -i "kde:" | sed 's/KDE: //');
        KDE_VERSION=$(echo $KDE_VER | awk 'BEGIN {FS="[[ .]]"} {printf "%02d%
02d%02d\n", [$]1, [$]2, [$]3}');

        if [[ "$KDE_VERSION" -lt "$2" ]]; then
                echo -e "\n"
                AC_MSG_ERROR([You are running KDE: ${KDE_VER}, which isn't
supported by '$1', please update to atleast KDE: $3.])
                echo -e "\n\n"
        else
                AC_MSG_RESULT([found KDE: ${KDE_VER}, let's lock 'N load.])
        fi
])
--.acinclude.m4.in end--

--.configure.in.in begin--
dnl CHECKING FOR *MINIMUM* REQUIRED KDE VERSION COMPLIANCE !
KDE_CHECK_FOR_VERSION(Slicker,030193,3.2)
dnl
dnl Usage: KDE_CHECK_FOR_VERSION  ( 'Name of project' , 'Hashed minimum
version', 'Friendly minimum version' )
dnl
dnl 'Hashed minimum version' =  MAJOR, MINOR AND RELEASE, numbers must be
specified in two digits, and with no space inbetween
--.configure.in.in end--

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk/mindripple/