PATCH: Better cross-domain cookie detection [BR 66090]

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 04:57:45 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 20:46, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2003 02:44, Dawit A. wrote:
> > Ahhh... following what the ssl meta-data does solves the problem for most
> > circumstances. New patch is attached.
>
> I'm fine with the KHTMLPart API addition.. can't comment on the rest of the
> patch though.

Great.

For anyone interested in reviewing this fix, here is the final patch that I
tested for quite a while with different scenarios (frames, iframes, regular
pages, redirections). So far everything looks good except one redirection
issue:

If site 'http://foo.com' redirects to 'http://bar.com' what should happen to
the cookies sent by http://bar.com during the original redirection ? With
these patches and the reject cross domain cookies option on, the cookies will
be rejected! I doubt this is the correct behavior...

Patches are split out to make it easier to identify the affected code.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.