Wifi is really broken

Mirko Boehm mirko at hackerbuero.org
Wed Dec 3 15:56:19 GMT 2003

<quote who="Nadeem Hasan">
> As I have said earlier, either we should disable kwifi completely in 3.2
> or
> atleast disable the kcm module and leave the monitor in. I will go back to
> working on it post 3.2.
Hi,

to keep my conscience clean:

The "Wifi-Manager" and the monitor are not only different, but
independantly developed. I let myself be talked into putting the monitor
into the directory where the KC module is stored in CVS, but already at NH
I expressed that I dislike the module much and would not like it to be
released like that. Also, the author seems to have abandoned it after
dumping it into our codebase :-(

But I kind of insist that my kicker applet stays in, as it has no other
connection to the module as to be "close to it" in CVS. And I have not
received any open bugs related to it (although I know one: it only
displays one wireless card).

Best regards,
--Mirko.