Style names

Maks Orlovich mo002j at mail.rochester.edu
Mon Dec 1 14:48:53 GMT 2003

On Monday 01 December 2003 08:02 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> The Qt widget-styles are referred to as "Built-in" styles. I think that is
> no longer true and also no longer relevant and I would like to remove this
> from the descriptions.

Yes, it's no longer true. Further, I think we may as well remove the
description, leaving only the name, since none of the descriptions seem to be
particularly helpful, and with the current kcm one can't see them w/o seeing
a preview anyway.

> Further there are the following descriptions which do not make a very
> professional impression:
> - Light Style, 2nd revision
> - Light Style, 3rd revision
> - B3/Modification of B2
> - System Style 001
>
> The styles also refer to "themed" and "unthemed", it's unclear what is
> meant with that and whether it has any relevance.
>
> I would like to clean up the descriptions later this week.

Obviously, this is somewhat up to the i18n teams. However, one comment:
whatever you do with Light* names, please make sure that the key name is
similar to the .so name, since otherwise Qt wouldn't be able to guess what
plugin to load right, causing it to potentially load all of them.

-Maksim