KDE books writing

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Aug 27 10:33:45 BST 2003

Hi,

while having David here in Nove Hrady it actually got very simple to get a CVS
module and a new mailinglist for the already proposed KDE development books.
We can now set up separate books and docbook based templates, then discuss
the contents structure on the mailinglist.

CVS module: kdeev-books
Mailinglist to subscribe to: kdeev-books at kde.org

The reason to name this to kdeev is that I would like to have one common
module and mailinglist for that that reflects that the KDE e.V. holds the
copyright on the books in this module, which are licensed under the GNU Free
Documentation License. This will allow the KDE e.V. to take charge of
choosing the company who will print it and receive free books that in turn we
can demo on expos or give away to new developers.

In turn, this doesn't mean that you actually have to be *in* the KDE e.V. to
participate on writing the books. Anyone with a CVS access can contribute to
them plus anyone who wants to submit something but who hasn't got a CVS
account can send it to me.

So, if you want to help start this from scratch please subscribe to the
mailinglist so we can continue further discussion there.

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org