KAction bug?

Anders Lund anders.lund at lund.tdcadsl.dk
Mon Aug 25 23:35:28 BST 2003

Hi,

The kate "toggle bookmark" action is since some time failing in some certain
circumstances. Since I can't see that this should be a problem in Kate, I
suspect it is a problem in KAction or KActionMenu.

Katepart is using a KActionMenu to hold its bookmarks, as well as some
funtions to manipulate those, like "toggle bookmark" which toggles the
bookmark of the current line.

This KActionMenu is included in the Menubar of the katerc file.

The manipulation actions are plugged into the KActionMenu during the
construction of the object, and is allways present - that is, plugged into
the QPopupMenu() of the KActionMenu.

This works fine in KWrite, or in Kate, if only one document is open, but if
multiple documents are open, pressing the shortcut for the action is not
activating the currently active document, rather it activates the action in
the open docments for which there is a view in turn, so that if ther are 3
documents open, a bookmark will be toggled in the current document at the 3rd
time the shortcut is pressed.

I could probably work around this by not using KActionMenu, but since it
should -- as far as I can see -- work, I ask if anyone working with libkdeui
feels responsible. If it is not fixed soon, I will have to change Kate to not
use that class for this feature.

-anders
Jabber: anders_lund at jabber.dk
GPG fingerprint: 4B50 66DE CF6E 35E3 4446 5DC1 CB23 1264 0F2C 0826