Convert kio_tar to use SubURLs

Laurence Anderson l.d.anderson at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Aug 19 20:04:01 BST 2003

Hi,

I've attached a patch to kdebase to change over to using suburls for archives.
This means that before if you clicked on an archive you would get something
like:
tar:/home/me/archive.tar/
but now you get:
file:/home/me/archive.tar#tar:/

This has various benefits, such as making the ioslave simpler, and will (soon)
support archives within archives, and archives from other protocols (like
floppy, mac & network protocols like ftp etc).

I'd like to apply it to CVS later on this week, I'd appreciate it if more
people could test the code first. Any objections?

Laurence