Call for Kastle branch

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Sat Aug 16 09:14:58 BST 2003

On Saturday 16 August 2003 07:53, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> oh, i forgot one: putting commits in a branch isn't going to solve anything.
> it'll still be in CVS. it just means we'll spend (read: waste) more time
> merging everything back into HEAD after everyone peer reviews it (or not)

It may be still wise to create a branch for greater restructurings: Do you
remember pre-3.1 times where work on a new control center structure started
and got stuck midway leaving an inconsistent state behind? I bet that in
N7y some new people will try to change it who haven't tried out before.

Bye,
   Steve