Removal of -pedantic and -pedantic-errors from acinclude.m4.in

Alex Zepeda zipzippy at sonic.net
Sat Aug 16 06:27:47 BST 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:23:05AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> You can compile with --disable-warnings, fix your system headers or patch
> your local copy. We won't remove neither of these, because otherwise people
> won't see the warnings and it's left to some idiots to fix the KDE code.

Well, --disable-warnings doesn't work.  -pedantic is (apparently)
hardcoded in places and causes some tests (like the checks for the various
random functions) to fail.  These failed tests result in 'conflicting
prototypes' and dcop fails to compile (and I'm sure everything else would
as well).

Hardcoding C/CXXFLAGS is a bad idea.

- alex