printing borken in head ?

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Mon Aug 11 11:58:13 BST 2003

Hi

Am Mon, 2003-08-11 um 14.46 schrieb Michael Goffioul:
> Joseph Wenninger wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >

> > I can print to a postscript file without problems from khtml.
> >
> > But every time I try to print to a normal printer with cups the pages
> > are as small as a dot in the preview and don't get printed.
>
> Probably a margins problem. Edit the printer properties dialog
> and go to the margins tab. I had this problem while enhancing
> the margins support in KDE, but it should have disappeared now.
> Try to remove the ~/.lpoptions file (if you have one).

I've set the margin in custom mode to 0. The first time I've printed
after the change I had the same problem, after that it worked. Then I
switched back to default values, which look sane to me. At least what is
displayed on the margin page. After closing konqueror and starting it
newly the behaviour is strange. Firt time I try to print to the printer
(It's a canon bjc 6000)  (only in preview mode) I again get the zero
sized page, after the next try in the same instance it works, the
following try again fails, than it works again, .... could there be some
kind of unitialized variable or stray pointer ?

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger