quanta preferred over konqueror for autostart items - generic MIME configuration problem...

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Mon Aug 4 21:37:01 BST 2003

Hallo again,

Suddenly my web pages in autostart folder began to open with quanta and not
with konqueror...

Opening did fail BTW.

Found out that quanta had become preferred over konqueror for text/html,
due to some recent installation - I can not remember having done that
config...

Many services has and uses "InitialPreference" but applications do not
seem to do that (only Karbon does in my setup - compiling...).

Anyway this is yet another example of the problems we have with
mime type configuration data.

Installation/Name/Random order preference should be avoided.

/RogerL