Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

Marco Krohn Marco.Krohn at stud.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 29 12:46:46 BST 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Alexander Kellett wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 10:24:41AM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> for the reaoson that George has already stated more than just
> a few times. people don't stick around, and inevitably in the
> end people who wish to fix bugs in the code are going to have
> a much more difficult job if its in write-only stl than if its
> in pure qt.

Please also consider people that want to write GUIs for existing libs. For
instance a project I am involved in is making use of STL and writing a KDE
GUI for it would be easier if STL support is enabled (rewriting the main
libs with QTL is not an option). Making -stl mandantory would surely help.

   Yours sincerely,
   Marco Krohn

--
Marco Krohn