Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

Daniel Stone dstone at kde.org
Tue Apr 29 12:17:24 BST 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 08:01:05AM +0000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> No, they are programming errors made by people who use STL without properly
> understanding it. I guess they didn't reference their STL manuals when
> writing their code. The fact that your compiler doesn't complain doesn't mean
> that your code is correct.

Well, if I write bad Qt code that works with gcc2.95 but fails with
gcc3.2, should all Qt code get removed from the archive because it's
BAD, WRONG, EVIL, and funding TERRISTS?

Yeah, that's it; if we don't drop STL, the terrists have already won! ;)

I've done a lot more STL coding than Qt in the past month or so, and I'm
getting to like the STL more and more, and Qt less and less. The only
thing Qt has going for it over STL+Boost for my usage is that it does
funky things with sockets (I'm not doing GUI stuff).

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel at raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone at kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org