Reason for -no-stl in qt-copy configure recommendation?

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 29 01:15:45 BST 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 00:27, George Staikos wrote:
<snip>
> So are exceptions
<snip>

Sadly, yes. But at least there's a very good reason for it: old gcc's
overhead (even) when _not_ throwing any exceptions. Not that it would
still be an issue with gcc 3.2...

> gets(), printf(),

Those are part of the C stdlib and are regularly avoided in C++, of
course. Not an argument at all. Not KDE-specific, either.

As to the mentioned "STL compile problems". Those are KDE home-brewn.
Not two years ago, I remember to get #include <iostreams> changed into
#include <iostreams.h> and only a few months ago #include <cctype> to
#include <ctype.h>. Now gcc 3.2 started complaining about deprecated
headers being included and you blame it on the _S_T_L_??

Marc

--
The DMCA is unconstitutional, but they don't care. Until it's ruled
unconstitutional, they've won. If they can scare software companies,